International Student Portal FAQs
What is the International Student Portal? - The International Student Portal is administered through the Longwood University Center for Global Engagement. The International Student Portal allows students to manage their requests, update their International Student Immigration Profile, as well as interact with the Center for Global Engagement all in one place!
How do I login in to the International Student Portal? - To login to the International Student Portal, students will need to visit the International Student Portal website at https://internationalservices.longwood.edu/ and select the button in the middle of the page titled LOGIN.
Which button do I select on the Login Screen to login? - All students (Incoming, Current & Alumni) should select the button titled “Login with LancerNet ID” to login to the International Student Portal. This will prompt you to login with your Longwood University credentials. If you have questions about logging in, or are unsure of your Longwood University credentials, please contact the Center for Global Engagement for additional guidance prior to attempting to login.
Is the International Student Portal the same as the SEVP Portal? - No, the SEVP Portal and the International Student Portal are two separate portals. They are not administered by the same organization.
When I login in, what will I see on my Student User Home Page? - Once logged in, students will land on their Student User Home Page. The Student User Home Page is divided into three sections:
- Records: This section houses any requests that are associated with your International Student Portal Immigration Profile. This includes requests that have been completed for you/by you historically, as well as records that you may have just started or submitted to the Center for Global Engagement for processing.
- Profile: By selecting the button titled ‘Edit Profile’, you will be able to access your International Student Portal Immigration Profile. Please note that any fields in your Profile that are grayed out are not available for students to edit. Students are encouraged to complete the following as part of their profiles:
- Personal Email Address
- SMS (Mobile Text) Phone Number
- Bio: Tell the Center for Global Engagement a little more about you!
- ID Photo: Add a photo of yourself
- Messages: If the Center for Global Engagement has sent you any emails through the International Student Portal, a carbon copy of those emails will be found in your Messages section. Although the message will also be found in your email box, the Messages section offers another great way to keep track of information from the Center for Global Engagement!
- Students must be logged into the site to initiate/complete a request. Additionally, if you have already started a request, but not yet finished, please continue to work on that request by visiting the Records section of your Student User Home Page.
How do I know that a Request I submitted to the Center for Global Engagement was received? - When you are ready to submit a request to the Center for Global Engagement, you will need to click on the "SUBMIT APPLICATION" button at the top of the request’s page. As long as you have completed all the requirements within the request, your request will be sent to the Center for Global Engagement for review. As confirmation, you will see a large green banner displayed with your submission date and time stamp.