Skip to content

Health Insurance and Immunizations

Health Insurance Requirement
All F1 and J1 visa holders are required to have a valid health insurance policy while enrolled at Longwood University. Health care is expensive in the United States, and insurance will help cover medical expenses if you become sick or are injured. You must have a valid health insurance policy at all times while attending Longwood University. If you willfully refuse to purchase a health insurance policy, your visa may be terminated. 
Where to Purchase Health Insurance?

You can purchase the insurance plan through International Student Insurance. You can choose either "Budget," "Select," or "Elite" insurance plan. (Please note that the "Smart" plan does not meet our requirements). These plans are highly recommended and affordable. Please send the proof of coverage receipt to the Center for Global Engagement once you have purchased your insurance policy; please make sure to purchase the insurance before you arrive on campus.
If you are already covered by an international insurance policy, please get in touch with the Center for Global Engagement to determine if you need to purchase any additional insurance. 

*Athletes!* You are still required to purchase the insurance plan through International Student Insurance, which will cover the general hospital visits, immunizations, etc. The athletics insurance you are getting from Athletics Department is supplemental to the International Student Insurance and will only cover athletics-related injuries, etc. If you have any questions regarding the athletics insurance, please reach out to Carly Fullerton

Required Certificate of Immunization

All international students much complete an Immunization Form. Once complete the form, please submit the form to the University Health Center (UHC) at either before you arrive on campus, or during the International Student Orientation. 

Questions? Please contact the University Health Center at 434.395.2102 or