Skip to content

Health Insurance Requirement

All F1 and J1 visas holders are required to have a valid health insurance policy while enrolled at Longwood University. Health care is expensive in the United States, and insurance will help to cover medical expenses in case you become sick or are injured.  You must have valid health insurance policy at all times while attending Longwood University. If you willfully refuse to purchase a health insurance policy, your visa may be terminated.